Sunday, May 3, 2009

Songs

Subtitled: That make me get up and dance around my apartment like a goof

Gallery Piece by Of Montreal
Tonto by Battles
Freedom Hangs Like Heaven (Live @ Bonnaroo) - Iron & Wine

I don't know when this happened, but apparently I have a sense of rhythm. I'm still completely tone deaf, so while it sounds (to me) like I could pass for Sam Beam on karoke night I more accurately sound like your Uncle Lou after a hard night of cigars and whiskey.

It's hard news when a body finds out that The Dance is still alive inside them, especially after so many years of subjecting it to oppression and enhanced interrogation. Oh, oh, I love this song (now playing: Boy With A Coin - I&W). Wait, what are my feet doing? Stop that! No shuffling! What are you doing? Are you moving to the beat?! Holy hell are my hips gyrating?! Someone please help, I don't know what's going on or how to stop it. Oh no, now that cute girl on the couch is laughing at me. AHHHH, this is SO embarassing, please, someone put on Limp Bizkit, quick! Why is she getting off the couch? No, don't leave, wait...what are you doing? Oh no, the dance has infected us both, we're hopeless! It's like some sick plague, save yourselves, chop off your footsies lest they infect others! AIIEEEEEEEE!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

My dad has decided that our family needs to take up Argentine Tango because he met a guy on a hike that chairs the selection committee of a scholarship program that Casey wants to apply to in 2 years and this guy dances Argentine Tango and apparently by also taking Argentine Tango we could potentially help Casey's future career. For serious.

This is only slightly related to your post, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Sarah said...

ARE YOU EVER GOING TO POST AGAIN???

juha said...

HAHA, sorry loyal reader. Yes, I will be updating again. You'll be happy to know I've been writing almost every week, I just haven't posted them (editing takes time - especially when one is terrible at it).