Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gee Reg

Recently, a friend of my returned from a trip to Romanisylvania, or Rome, or something. You know, someplace FOREIGN. Weird language, used euros, good food, bad drivers, the whole bit. Foreign. The type of place any of us would love to go when our work/school is paying for it. Ask him how it went though and you'll get, "What a shithole!". And now if you know me and my friends, you know who I'm talking about. This is the only person on the planet that could visit Rome, see the Colosseum, stop by the Vatican, have everything paid for, and still be pissed off about the whole ordeal.

Granted he was there to speak at a technology symposium about some papers that he and a team of nerdy engineers had published, so it wasn't a trip of pleasure. The way he tells it though the Colosseum is in better shape than ninety percent of Rome's buildings and walking through the Vatican is like "...going from Third World Mexico into the U.S. except the streets are paved with gold and the buildings lined with pearls". He gave the food two thumbs up, but did note that it was crazy expensive (something like 24 euros for breakfast). I knew I should have invested in Euros when it was something like 80 cents to one Euro =(

I guess that just means I'll need to save up for a few extra months before I make the jump across the pond!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Again I say, wtf on the date. Respond to it soon or put up with me asking about it every time I comment.

Your friend's name must be Lindy, because that was pretty much her opinion too. Although, she hated all the food except the gelato, which she tried to eat for each meal.

Who thought it was a good idea to let Greg speak to an audience?

juha said...

Like I said in the previous comment section. I've writing but not publishing because I've been missing the time required for the editing part. One more "dated" entry to polish up and then we'll be back live on the 10th.

I had some yummy gelato back in Chicago, Mmmmmm. Greg can speak pretty well...on certain topics.

Sarah said...

You want me to go back and read your comments on my comments? Psh. I have better things to do.

I hope Greg's topic was the many varied uses of leftover yellow Mustang bumpers.

RiCap said...

I like all dates.