Friday, July 10, 2009

transfer

You've dropped the last couple ice cubes into your glass and now it's time to refill the tray and stick it back in the freezer. No problem, right? Well, no problem as long as you're not me. You see, I have a problem with this process. I'm not sure why or how, but every time I try to put an ice cube tray filled with something besides ice, like water, back into the freezer I end up watering my hardwood floors like I'm growing a garden under the fridge. Sometimes I even manage to spill ice cubes all over. Go figure.

There are other everyday, household issues that most people seem to be able to handle that I just can't manage. Dishes, for example, more closely resemble a three year old bathing than an adult cleaning silverware. By the end of a load of dishes the ceiling, walls, spigot, and my hair are all covered in soap suds and a sinking feeling that this is not the way things should be. Laundry is an animal all its own. I haven't had to separate whites and colors in years because I don't own any clothes from this century (ok, there are a couple t-shirts that I picked up in 2004). Then there's making the bed...actually, I can make the bed as well as the average person considering I have a single blanket and it's folded up and stuffed in the closet when temperatures are above 110° (which is everyday after May 13th). Setting up the home wireless network? Piece of cake.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Aren't those chores what a good woman is for?

juha said...

Hmm, I could
a.) confirm this statement thereby confirming my misogyny and removing all hope of ever finding a woman of any sort, much less a good one.
OR
b.) deny it and suggest that I actually like doing dishes because it's so cathartic - which would confirm Ryan's suspicions that I am, in fact, a "big gaywad".

RiCap said...

I don't think they're women's chores. I spill the water in the ice tray every time, no matter how hard I work to keep it level. I even stick my tongue out to improve my concentration and it still slops onto the floor. sigh

Sarah said...

Adrienne, chores are what Scott is for. Isn't he the good woman in your household? And Mike, how about a compromise? You are a misogynist gaywad.