Monday, August 24, 2009

apparel appeal

Ah, it's that time of the year again. Classes around the country are being called back into session. You can always spot the freshmen; they're the ones showing up to 7:40 am classes dressed like they're going to a movie premier. This will last MAYBE through the first week, after which they'll figure out they don't need to be half an hour early and that it's a lot harder to go to bed at a reasonable hour when you share 120 square feet with another human being that - TURN THAT GOD DAMN STEREO DOWN - is either a vampire or insomniac. Hell, after my first week I realized I didn't even need to GO to morning classes, much less get dressed before noon.

As I said, it is the beginning of classes and that means it is the beginning of the end. My final class. Ever. It's likely to be the hardest of my classes and I will likely have to do actual work, but after this I move to Denver so I'm willing to put in my time.

4 comments:

RiCap said...

It does make me very nostalgic seeing freshmen move into the dorms and find their way.

When you move to Denver you could live here: http://denver.craigslist.org/reo/1388062249.html The address is close to perfect: 795 Devinney Ct. We could vandalize the sign so it will be spelled the right way. Tell Google they should fix it and after that nobody would know it was ever different.

Sarah said...

We looked at several houses on Devinney, and I thought of you every time. Then we picked a different house.

Anonymous said...

Denver huh? This is why you didn't want me to see your post.

juha said...

Developing an anonymous cult following was the whole reason I started this blog. I think I can hang my banner and declare "Mission Accomplished".