Saturday, October 10, 2009

preparation

I don't really understand why I bother giving myself an hour and a half or more when getting to the airport. Outside of one experience at O'Hare during the Christmas season evacuation I don't think it has ever taken me more than about 15 minutes to get through security and I always plan on it taking over an hour...you'd think I'd learn. As you can guess I'm typing this up from Gate B13 in Terminal 4 at Sky Harbor - the last remaining airport where wifi is free, and for that SH will always be my favorite airport.

Anyway, getting up before 5 am to give yourself enough time to make your flight only to have to spend an hour dicking around on the internet to pass the time really sucks. Wish me luck as I travel to Minneapolis for a Very Mayer/Bos Wedding!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

TED STEVENS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN ANCHORAGE, AK HAS FREE WI-FI. I feel the need to state this very important fact in caps. Don't be making such blanket statements without doing your research.

juha said...

Obviously I meant down here, on the continental U.S., the part of The States that matter.