Saturday, October 17, 2009

promotion!

Ok, so you might remember me railing against the establishment a couple months ago and insinuating that anyone with certain words in their job title were nothing more than grifters hellbent on pilfering any credit for successful operations. What I failed to mention was all the hard work those people do supporting, training, and assisting their coworkers in a multitude of different work-related scenarios and endeavors. Add to that the fact that these people tend to be paragons of social embededness and interactivity, and I really feel like a jerk. I mean, these are professionals that have spent years dedicating their lives to their craft; if they delegate a task to a coworker it must be because they have other things that are keeping them busy and they have the utmost confidence in their coworker's ability to complete said task. And when you take into account the amount of time they spend working outside the office, well, they should probably be up for a raise!

Anyway, I can't believe I was so short-sighted in my characterization of people simply because of their job titles. How silly, huh guys?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

although this happened quite a while ago...gratulalok :)

juha said...

Nem tudom, gratulalok? Kérem segítsen.

Have no fear - TS will soon be back with live, semi-regular posts. Starting with an in-depth analysis of my grocery spending. Oh man, I can't wait! Yay analysis!

Anonymous said...

it means 'congratulations'. there is no way that your monthly grocery spending includes beer...unless you seriously are living off ramen and mac and cheese.

Sarah said...

I learned today that the secretary makes more than I do. The secretary, that quite literally, tried to poison me, despite the fact that I do >50% of her job because she is incompetent. I have no words for what I'm feeling right now, but it's not positive. That much I'm sure of.

juha said...

Damn you just won't go down, huh? I mean, that's like the 17th person that's tried to poison you isn't it?

Sarah said...

I'm not sure who you've been talking to, but as far as I know, Kent is the only person that has ever tried to poison me. But no, I'm not going down.

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I contemplate the brief should have more info then it has.