Tuesday, March 31, 2009

summertime

From random


From random

Ah, it's that time of the year. The blast furnace that is Phoenix begins its pre-heating cycle while the rest of the country thaws out...sort of. Yep, it's time to start planning what is to be done with those precious few months where there is sun, green grass, fresh flowers, and cool breezes (and skirts!) across the country. Yes indeed now is the time to plan it all out...at least, everything besides June. But June is a busy month, shouldn't you plan it all out? You might find yourself asking (or you might not, I don't know my audience that well). I would tend to agree with you, my insightful audience, but a certain relative is planning a graduation party of a certain younger relative and has issued the following edict to the rest of the family, "Keep June open." I've tried explaining it's much easier to keep a month of the year open when the distance to be traveled is < 500 miles, but for each increment of 500 over that it gets exponentially difficult. The message has yet to sink in and my June is still "open".

That is, until I can get some other people on board with some summer events!

Things to do:
1.) Coachella - April 17th - probably not going to happen seeing as how it's in two weeks
2.) Bonnaroo - June 11th - this I would really like to go to, but it is quite pricey
3.) SummerFest - June 25th - might be able to make this one depending on when aforementioned graduation party is held
4.) Lollapalooza - August 7th - Ah, sweet home Chicago
5.) Setup meeting with agents on the East Coast - top secret code names to be distributed later
6.) Float Teh Riva - any random weekend where we feel like getting way too much sun and beer in the same day
7.) Hiking Flagstaff - gotta escape the heat sink of Phoenix at some point
8.) Lose job, boomerang back to parents' couch to be waited on hand and foot - what? they don't have a dog to take care of anymore, so they need something even more helpless.

7 comments:

juha said...

I need Picasa help. I cannot, for the life of me, get the "direct link" feature to work. Does anyone else have trouble with this? When writing a post it has a little "upload image" button, I click that and use the 'upload from web' option and throw in the direct link URL it says the picture is added, but never shows it. Advices?

Sarah said...

Nope. It never worked for me either. It did, however, create an album in Picasa that stores all the photos I upload to my blog. How helpful.

RiCap said...

Hmm I don't usually do it that way but it worked for me the one time I did it. LOLZ at your April fool of a page btw. I usually copy/paste the code to embed from the picasa album after I upload it.

Sarah said...

I liked reddigg's page today. Way to copy all the other internet geek-havens. Bring back the black!

juha said...

Well, it's not black, but it's back. I hope you all like it!

If I figure out any Picasa tricks I'll be sure to share. Who'd have thought Google's Picasa™ and Google's Blogger™ wouldn't get along?

Sarah said...

Well, now at least you have a decent QB, although he's very whiny...see if you can man him up a bit. Denver, on the other hand, now just has neckbeard, and the columnists are predicting a 4-5 win season for the ponies. Don't think I'll be buying those season tickets...

Scott said...

I'm considering going to V-Fest in August...