Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oil spill in the sky!


I realize rain does not normally constitute a bloggable event, but this is Phoenix. We're talking about a place that just a few years ago went from October to February without so much as a hint of rain. The day before Thanksgiving? Rain. Hold on, let's try that again, gang. The day before Thanksgiving?! RAIN!! Better. Good not great, we'll work on your enthusiasm later. On a seemingly related, but probably completely non-sequiter note; Sometimes those in charge of all that karmic energy give you some back. Sometimes it's good, like finding that extra $5 in a pocket or stepping off a curb funny but just sort of stumbling and looking like an uncoordinated giraffe instead of breaking an ankle. Other times it's bad, like pulling a muscle in your back while playing basketball a couple days before a big holiday break, or having your boss call out and put you in charge. Anyway, I get my good back in what I consider to be very small amounts. Like today, I had been planning on taking the bus for the past week instead of riding my bike and Karma was kind enough to not only NOT rain on me yesterday as I rode home, but to also wait for a day when I would be riding the bus to rain. Look, Karma, I appreciate the gesture, that really was very nice and considerate of you, but I have to confess, if you're reading, I'd like to save up whatever positive energy I manage to accumulate and cash it in with a phone call from the UN (see previous post) or the long-promised promotion here.

Anyway, it was a gorgeous morning at sixty degrees and rainy. This is weather I think most of the country would kill for except maybe Seattle...something about Seasonal Affective Disorder. Here are a couple other pictures of downtown Phoenix on a rainy November morning.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Speaking of oil spills, are you aware of the dangerous chemicals necessary to create these rainbows that definitely weren't there 20 years ago? It's the flouride in our water supply.

RiCap said...

Ahhh thank you for reminding us of the Rainbow conspiracy Sarah. If we'd had rainbows back in ancient times think of all the crazy stories people like native americans might have come up with! I'm almost to the point where I don't appreciate rain like I used to. Dang the North East.