Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Season's Happy Holidays Greetings Christmas!

I went to the store today to purchase wrapping paper because, I guess that's what people do this time of year, purchase wrapping paper. I'm not 100% on the reasoning behind it, but I think it has to do with capitalism and open source markets or something. Also, the store didn't have any presents left for me to buy for people, so everyone on my list this year is getting wrapping paper, and not nice, rolled-up-on-a-tube wrapping paper either, I'm going all out and turning the wrapping paper into tastefully designed origami...boulders. Merry Christmas! I found some very pleasant looking paper, green with nice gold lettering that said Merry New Happy Christmas (I think it was in the clearance bin for a reason). Very plain, simple the kind of wrapping paper that would make a great gift crumpled up into an origami boulder. Or so I thought. That's about the time I got home and You Guys! The gold lettering was glitter! Not cool wrapping paper marketing team, not cool. Now it looks like they filmed an episode of The Girl Next Door at my complex. The stuff did NOT stay contained in my little one bedroom. It is, quite literally, everywhere. Like, I hadn't even been to the office today and I went in to wish the staff a Merry Christmas and there was already glitter when I got there! Seriously, you guys, if you have any enemies that you would like to give christmas presents to, I suggest wrapping them in paper that is covered in glitter. Talk about sinister.

I'm off to plug in all my electronics that'll be making the trip with me tomorrow to the Windy (and I presume at this point Frozen Solid) City. I've been seeing headlines all day like "Thousands stranded in O'Hare" and "O'Hare cancels over 100 flights". These are not good headlines to read when one is traveling to O'Hare in less than twelve hours =\

3 comments:

RiCap said...

Happy New Holidays hope the Year is Merry and the airport is comfy.

Sarah said...

O'Hare wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. And I was pleasantly surprised to actually get my bag back, since the ticket lady told me to "just put it in that pile over there" and assured me it would make it to my plane after not being stolen by any random person that walked by and decided they wanted a new piece of luggage. Merry Christmas to me.

juha said...

Glad you got your bag back...I'd be nervous about the 'oh, put it over there' directive too. And sorry you got stuck in the midwest for, what? three extra days? Guh.

Ri, what happened and why were you in Idaho?